- 1 1/2 cup gram flour
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp crushed red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp crushed coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- A pinch of baking soda
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 3/4 cup water to make a smooth paste (use more or less depending on the consistency of the batter)
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 potato sliced
- 4 tbsp cilantro
- 1 small green chili chopped
Combine all the spices & baking soda in the gram flour and make it into a smooth batter with water. The batter should not be too thick or too thin. It should coat the potato slices when they are dipped in it. Leave batter for 10 mins. Add in the onion, cilantro & green chili. Mix well.
Dip the potato slices in batter and fry in hot oil. Serve with tangy chutneys and hot tea.
Tip: If you don’t have baking soda at hand, add in 1 tbsp of yoghurt in the batter instead. To make even crispier pakoras, add in 1 tbsp of rice flour in the batter.